CA Global cares about your privacy and is dedicated to ensuring the safety of your personal information through compliance with the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients, candidates, website visitors, and other stakeholders, as is our responsibility under national law. In line with this, all personal information that we collect from you or that you submit, will only be used for the purposes laid out in this policy.
As a responsible organisation in South Africa, we continually strive to:
- Shield your personal details from internal or external threats, be they intentional or accidental.
- Maintain full transparency about our specific purposes for collecting and processing your personal information.
- Safeguard and be accountable for all personal information gathered through all forms of written communication including email, data from our websites and networks, our offices and administration, and our consultants.
Types of Personal Information We Collect from You
CA Global collects personal details from candidates, clients, website users and all other stakeholders. The kind of information we collect and process depends on who the subject is as well as the specific purpose for collecting and storing it.
Where relevant, we will indicate what information is required and for what purpose, your privacy rights, and other applicable stipulations of the POPIA policy. We will also inform you of the costs should you not share this information, such as being unable to provide you with the services you require from us. We conform to the dictates of POPIA that state we cannot use your special personal information without general or specific authorisation.
The personal details we may collect from an individual include, but are not confined to, the following:
- Your name, age, race, sex, gender, nationality, language, marital status, disability, medical history, and any identifying number.
- Your contact details, such as your physical address, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
- Correspondence sent by you that is private and confidential, whether implicitly or explicitly
- Your biometric data.
- Details of your educational and employment history as well as any criminal history.
- Any other relevant details from your curriculum vitae (CV) – this pertains to candidates only.
Please be advised that throughout your relationship with CA Global, there is a high probability that we will gather additional personal information from you in the future, either directly or via third parties like companies who have received job applications from. We will continue to inform you of the type of information we wish to obtain from you as well as how we will use this information.
How We Gather Your Personal Information
CA Global collects information given to us both directly and indirectly by you.
Direct ways you provide us with your personal information may include:
- Correspondence between you and CA Global via telephone, email or direct message on our social media platforms.
- Filling in forms on our websites.
- Posts that you publish on our social media pages.
- Completing a survey.
- Filling in a promotion or competition forms.
You indirectly provide us with personal information when you visit and use our social media platforms or websites. Technologies such as web beacons and cookies collect information from visitors to these sites and platforms. Through these we may collect personal information including but not limited to:
- Your location and IP address.
- Your device type and operating system.
- Your web browser.
- Track your activities on our online platforms, such as products and services that you have searched for or viewed.
You may configure your web browser to reject our cookies if you wish to limit the information that we are able to gather from you.
Why We May Require Your Personal Information
CA Global requires specific personal information from you to provide you with our products and services, personalised content, and an optimal user experience on our websites and social media platforms.
We will only collect, process, use, and disclose your personal information where necessary and with your consent, except where we are required by law to share your information. Should this happen, we will inform you.
Collection of candidates’ personal information, such as curriculum vitae, is used for purposes including but not limited to:
- Screening you as a suitable candidate for employment.
- Sending your CV and necessary details about you to clients and companies you are applying to.
- Satisfying client contract requirements.
- Providing you with tailored website content and consultant services.
- Sending your information to trusted third parties or law enforcement bodies if needed.
- Matching you with suitable jobs.
- Informing you of future positions.
- Responding to questions you may have.
- Updating you on your job application progress.
- Sending you job alerts and relevant industry updates should you sign up to receive them.
Collection of personal information of candidates, clients, users, and other relevant stakeholders is used for purposes including but not limited to:
- Maintaining a business relationship and correspondence with you.
- Providing you with the services you require from us.
- Complying with regulatory obligations.
- Providing you with a personalised website experience and consultant service.
- Emailing you in order to promote products.
- Assisting in legal proceedings.
- Sending you industry news updates.
We collect and store employees’ personal information for purposes including but not limited to:
- Complying with various regulatory obligations.
- Performing pre- and post-employment checks and screenings such as criminal record checks.
- Assisting in legal proceedings.
- Carrying out audits and record-keeping duties.
- Tracking and optimise your online activities.
- Providing you with employee benefits.
- Submitting the necessary information to the Department of Employment and Labour and Receiver of Revenue.
CA Global will inform you accordingly if we intend to use your personal information for reasons that are not in your legitimate interest before requesting your consent.
Length of Time We Store Your Personal Information
In line with the POPI Act, CA Global will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary and discard it once it has fulfilled the purpose of its collection. However, there are exceptional circumstances to this, and we may keep your information for a longer time in the following cases:
- When we are legally required to do so: We may continue to hold your personal information when required or authorised to do so by South African law.
- When we are reasonably required to: We may need a record of your personal information for legal reasons relating to our activities and operations, depending on the situation.
- When a contract requires it: There may be cases where, for example, we require clients’ personal details such as their contact information to fulfill the terms of their contract with us.
- Consent: We may retain records of your personal information when you voluntarily give us informed consent.
Commitment to Protecting Your Personal Information and Rights
CA Global makes every effort to protect your personal details and privacy, taking various safety measures to reduce the risk of unauthorised access to, or sharing of, your information. These safety measures include employing security technology, regularly testing our sites and systems for weaknesses, and confirming to all relevant regulations. However, we cannot guarantee with all certainty the security of the information you voluntarily provide to us.
Our employee contracts include consent clauses for the keeping and use of employee details, and each member of staff has an obligation to sign this upon joining the company.
Making changes to your personal details
All clients, candidates, stakeholders, and employees whom we collect personal information from will be informed about the processing of their personal details and be allowed to correct or update these details. We may require proof of your identity in some cases before you can make changes to your personal information, and it is asked that you provide accurate details about yourself.
Your right to access your personal information
As a data subject, you have the right to access your personal information we have on record and can request a copy of this information.
Your right to withdraw consent or object
You have a legal right to make an objection to the processing of your personal information unless we are doing so for legal reasons. You may also oppose and refuse the use of your personal details for our direct marketing purposes.
Cross-Border Transfer of Your Personal Information
CA Global is prohibited from transferring your personal information to foreign countries except for when:
- You have given consent and agreed to the transfer of your personal details.
- The transfer is required in order to fulfill our contract with you.
- The transfer benefits you and obtaining your consent is not reasonably achievable, and where it is likely that you would give your consent.
- The individual who would receive your information is subject to similar regulations as our company.
What Happens When There is a Security Breach?
In the case of a security breach in the company systems that hold personal information, we shall take necessary steps to investigate the breach and determine if any information has been compromised, as well as who it belongs to. Following this we will notify you if your information has been compromised via email, a website notification, or registered mail. In notifying you we will inform you of the possible consequences of the breach, the measures we are taking to address the issue, identity of the party responsible for the breach, and our recommendations for how you can avoid the effects of the breach and avoid such circumstances in future.
What Data We Collect and why?
CA Global Group collects personally identifiable data such as a user’s name, email address, IP address, phone number and location. We also track clicks and visitor usage of our website (a third-party website, Google Analytics, makes use of this data). We gather page information, such as the URL and title of the page the user is visiting. We also track browser information such as browser name, viewport or viewing pane, screen resolution, whether or not the user has Java enabled, which version of Flash the user is using, and what device the user is using to access the browser.
Our main purposes for collecting personal information about individuals are:
- Providing services.
- Responding to requests.
- Maintaining client relationship.
- Notifying subscribers of our service offerings and developments.
- Reporting and management and
- Any purpose that would relate to our business.
We may use personal information about individuals to market our services, including by email. However, individuals have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning him/her for such marketing as explained below.
CA Global Group uses multiple cookies to optimize our services. Cookies remember information about you, making your usage of our website easier.
The main purpose of the majority of these cookies is for advertising/targeting users. These cookies enable link-based advertisements, content sharing and linking services, and online video advertising. Some cookies also improve webpage loading speeds for high-traffic websites.
Our cookies gather data such as audience data to enable targeting of advertising based on visitor profiling, and web widgets embedded by site owners into pages or other content, to enable visitors to create and share links to the content across social networks.
While cookies are used by default, they may be disabled. However, this may prevent you from using the full range of our available services
Use of Third Party Sub-Processors:
We make use of a variety of third-party websites to help run our CA Global Group web pages, some of which may gather user data. The data these third-party sites gather enables us and these websites to greater facilitate user experience. These sites may gather personally identifiable data such as a user’s name, email address, phone number, mobile provider, country of origin, operating system, company name, email address, billing address, and postal address where necessary. Other data collected is used as log data, such as a user’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that are visited, the time and date of visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not routinely disclose personal information to other organizations unless:
- Required by law.
- Use or disclosure is permitted by this policy.
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested or are contracted to.
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or a customer of CA Global Group or the interests of CA Global Group.
- Some or all the assets or operations of CA Global Group are or may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of our business or
- You give your consent.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell or trade personal information to third parties or allow such third parties to use that personal information.
We use a range of service providers to help us maximize the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations (including internal business requirements, such as recruitment and human capital requirements). This means that individuals and organizations outside of CA Global Group will sometimes have access to personal information held by CA Global Group and may collect or use it from or on behalf of CA Global Group this may include, but is not limited to, independent contractors and consultants, mail houses, off-site security storage providers, website hosts, electronic database managers, or event managers. We require our service providers to adhere to our privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorized purposes.
If our staff obtains products or services offered by a third party pursuant to an agreement or arrangement between that third party and CA Global Group, such as a credit card provider, we may provide your personal information to that third party, including information that relates to your use of such services.
Transfer of information:
As part of a global network of firms, CA Global Group exchanges information, including personal information, between its offices. As a result, we may transfer personal information outside South Africa. We may also use overseas facilities or contractors to process or back-up its information or to provide certain services to CA Global Group. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities or contractors for these purposes.
However, any such transfer of information does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy and the information remains subject to existing confidentiality obligations.
Security of personal information:
Depending on the purpose for which we have collected personal information (for example, registration for an CA Global Group event or a request for particular information or material), we may store some of the information electronically in CA Global Group customer relationship management system. Some or all this personal information may be available to partners and authorized staff of CA Global Group for use in accordance with this policy.
We will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by CA Global Group.
The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We aim to achieve industry best practices in the security of personal information which it holds. It is our policy to destroy personal information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to retain it.
Access to information:
We will provide access to personal information upon request by an individual, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted for us to withhold this information (for instance, where granting access would infringe another person’s privacy).
When you make a request to access personal information, we will require you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s license or passport) so we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates. In some cases, we may also request an administrative fee to cover the cost of access.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you may contact us in writing or by email.
How to have data deleted:
Users who do not want to be tracked may request to have their data deleted from our website. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to have your data deleted.
Corrections and concerns:
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will try to resolve those concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
Effect of policy:
Personal Data Removal Request